You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-08 01:31:00

MurdersLastCrow

Skype looks ugly on x86_64 Arch, KDE 4.5, usual solutions don't work.

So, I installed Skype from community I believe, and everything works perfectly, but I decided to install lib32-qt as it was a suggested optional dependency, and I figure that Skype's 64-bit version is wrapped up kinda' like Wine has been. So, I start it as skype --disable-clearlooks, but the theme remeains the same. Also, in the options dropdown for styles, Oxygen doesn't even appear. I've also tried --style-oxygen and -style-oxygen with and without --disable-clearlooks with no results whatsoever. I've also logged out and into my session to make sure it wasn't a setting that needed refreshing or something crazy.

I've looked around the forums, the wiki, and many other places for a solution, but nothing seems to be working. If anyone knows how to get around this so I can fit Skype into my beautiful new Arch installation, that would be awesome. Any pointers or ideas for where to look would be helpful, too.

Also, it may be related- I installed VirtualBox PUEL (closed version) from the .run file on their site before I knew of AUR, and it's having the same issue, not being able to adopt the Oxygen theme as I'm used to in KDE. Thanks for reading, hopefully my selective nature isn't too unsettling. XD

#2 2010-10-08 04:43:31

MurdersLastCrow

Re: Skype looks ugly on x86_64 Arch, KDE 4.5, usual solutions don't work.

Small note- uninstalled the .run file for VirtualBox and installed virtualbox-sun from AUR, now it's adopting Oxygen as it should. Still having the Skype issue, though.

#3 2010-10-11 02:37:12

MurdersLastCrow

Re: Skype looks ugly on x86_64 Arch, KDE 4.5, usual solutions don't work.

After another day of searching, no result. I'm thinking of installing the static version and picking that apart a bit from compilation to see what's up, and see if I can't submit a revision. However, so far as I know, it's a closed application, so the modifications I could make are minimal. If anyone has a simpler solution, please feel free to post. In the meantime, I guess I'll look for a more manual fix.

Board footer