You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-15 01:21:19

Mooble

Graphics Driver Not installed correctly

A few days ago, I stopped being able to output video from the DVI port on my on-board graphics card (ATI X1200 series).  I switched over to the VGA port, and things work, but whenever I first log into Arch, the screen blinks furiously.  It also does this whenever I try to run RO in wine.  Wine also puts out errors like this:

4 err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly
  14 fixme:d3d:debug_fbostatus Unrecognied FBO status 0x00000000
  15 fixme:d3d:context_check_fbo_status FBO status unrecognized (0)
  16 err:d3d:context_check_fbo_status FBO 0 is incomplete, driver bug?

I don't know if that's relevant at all, but it sounded related so I'm posting it just in case.

I've tried upgrading my system so that everything is up to date, but that didn't change anything.  I'm not really sure how to go about uninstalling/reinstalling the driver for the card.  A little bit ago I had a NVidia card installed, but its been since taken out.  When I did that, I just installed the ati driver package, and everything seemed to work fine up until this problem showed up (its been awhile). 

I hadn't recently updated anything (when the problem occured, I did afterward in my bumbling around trying to fix it), the only major change to the system I've made recently was to move my partitions around to make more room on one of them.  (I guess it could have corrupted the driver file, but I haven't had any other problems)

I'd really like to get my crisp DVI output back, if at all possible.  I really hope my DVI port hasn't fried or something, though I don't see how it would and the VGA out still work?

Any ideas for what I should do to figure this out?  I'll happily post the output of whatever diagnostics might help you help me.

#2 2010-10-16 01:49:01

Hyugga

Re: Graphics Driver Not installed correctly

I have an ATI x1200 on my laptop, but only the open source driver works for newer kernels.
To enable 3D acceleration with it you must install:

pacman -S ati-dri xf86-video-ati

The 3D acceleration is decent enough to run compiz, but games...
At least they don't work for me.
With those drivers i have the second monitor working through VGA out of the box. (No xorg.conf or other configurations)
I don't have a DVI port in my laptop but i hope i helped you.

Good luck.

Board footer