You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-25 18:09:07

innn

ability to suspend to disk and alsa back to life with pm-utils ?

seriously, i had previously used hibernate-script and it worked after editing those conf  as per wiki but now uswsusp is not in repo anymore i've got pm-utils . i did a pm-hibernate and it works but i know not how to restore sound with this method. i appreciate if someone could guide me a little .thank you

#2 2010-10-25 18:52:31

Gusar

Re: ability to suspend to disk and alsa back to life with pm-utils ?

You can still use uswsusp with pm-utils. Get uswsusp from AUR, then configure pm-utils to use it. Sorry, don't know how exactly to do that, so you'll have to search yourself.

The other option, getting sound working with in-kernel hibernate instead of uswsusp... a possibility is to have pm-utils unload the alsa modules at suspend and then reload them at wake-up. List modules you want to be treated this way in /etc/pm/config.d/modules, I have this in that file for my wireless:

SUSPEND_MODULES="ath5k"

For you the module is probably snd-hda-intel, or whatever is the right one for your sound card.

A point of curiosity: Why was uswsusp removed from the main repo? Outdated/not maintained anymore?

#3 2010-10-27 05:24:26

innn

Re: ability to suspend to disk and alsa back to life with pm-utils ?

thank you Gusar, i've put that file in /etc/pm/config.d/ with

SUSPEND_MODULES="snd_au8830" 

did a

pm-hibernate

but still no sound. even more i seem to lose the module i'm left without sound card , alsaconf finds nothing

Board footer