You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-10 00:55:51

Ben9250
Website

larch and archiso

Hi, I'm looking at making a live system that's exactly like my Arch on the laptop, so If the system is ever installed I can install it all again, drivers and all, a lot faster.  I've been through the instructions for both and both seem just different ways of achieving the same result. However, in installing the live medium to hard disk, larch uses larchin, which I'm guessing is a bit different to the installation system I'm used to. However it does say on the site that it needs rewriting for larch-7.-***. Now the archiso wiki shows how to create a live medium, with a single user and overlays, but how would this then be installed to a hard-drive If I wanted - like a live backup of my system? The pages aren't quite clear.

Thanks,
Ben.

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

#2 2010-11-10 01:28:23

lilsirecho
Veteran

Re: larch and archiso

Take a look at CTKArchLive...downloadable 0.6 version..i686 or x86_64..

Works like a charm in flash.

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

Board footer