You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-11 17:34:34

tseug

How to go about removing KDE packages in Gnome?

Somehow I seem to have ended up with a few KDE applications installed in my Gnome installation, and I'm not sure where they came from. I've tried removing them using pacman, but I can never find the correct application name. Is there a way to get rid of all things KDE related in one swoop?

Thanks!

#2 2010-11-11 18:11:27

Awebb

Re: How to go about removing KDE packages in Gnome?

How did they end up beeing on your system? Did you install them manually?

So you have THAT many packages on your system that a manual search is too time comsuming?

You can do a lot of filtering with pacman -Q. If those packages were installed manually, you can filter out all manually installed packages. Then you might want to search the package infos for the string "KDE".

-> man pacman
-> man grep

#3 2010-11-11 18:14:53

tseug

Re: How to go about removing KDE packages in Gnome?

Awebb wrote:

How did they end up beeing on your system? Did you install them manually?

So you have THAT many packages on your system that a manual search is too time comsuming?

You can do a lot of filtering with pacman -Q. If those packages were installed manually, you can filter out all manually installed packages. Then you might want to search the package infos for the string "KDE".

-> man pacman
-> man grep

I didn't install them manually, they were probably installed from careless pacman management on my part. There aren't that many actually, I just overlooked the -Q flag. Thanks for your help!

Board footer