You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-14 08:01:31

bloodien0se

[SOLVED] urxvt vi-style movement binds?

Hey guys,

I'm trying out rxvt-unicode-256color and while I like it so far, one thing I do miss over bash is the vi mode. I don't require the full editing power of the command mode, but I wouldn't mind binding alt+j and alt+k for scrolling through the buffer, or any other modifier for that matter. Any .Xdefaults gurus help a hopelessly vi-movement addicted guy out?

Last edited by bloodien0se (2010-11-14 14:09:02)

#2 2010-11-14 11:24:09

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] urxvt vi-style movement binds?

What makes you think rxvt (a term emulator) can't use bash (a shell)? Two different things.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-11-14 11:52:57

bloodien0se

Augh. Thanks. I don't know what came over me, maybe it was because I was going to start checking out zsh or something, or its just late and my brain snit working. Thanks.

#4 2010-11-14 12:47:51

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

'Free' advice, zsh has vi-mode as well but I can't stand that its vi and not vim smile.

Please mark the thread solved.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer