You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-24 18:56:29

Japanlinux

[Closed] Archlinux equivalent of Debian's module-assistant

hello. In Debian there is a tool called module-assistant that I've used to preform certain tasks (most notably, installing drivers). Archlinux doesn't have this, so I was wondering what Arch's equivalent to this was?

Last edited by Japanlinux (2010-11-24 22:15:35)

#2 2010-11-24 19:15:19

mcmillan

Re: [Closed] Archlinux equivalent of Debian's module-assistant

For installing drivers pacman should be all you need. Can you describe in more detail exactly what features you're missing?

#3 2010-11-24 22:14:57

Japanlinux

I was trying install the dang wireless drivers on arch. But I just cannot get it working, even with all the wiki's help. Debian uses the module-assistant to put the wl drivers in, so I figured maybe i could attempt that on Arch, since it worked for me on Debian. But never mind, i've given up trying to get this laptop to work. I shoulda done my research on a netbook before I buy one...

#4 2010-11-24 22:26:21

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

If it works on Debian, you could just figure out which specific module you need. It may not be enabled in the kernel config, or may need other firmware which is only in the AUR.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer