You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-29 19:04:14

dyscoria

qemu/kvm and screen resolution

Hi, I'm running Arch Linux 32bit inside Arch Linux 32bit using qemu tongue However, I'm having trouble getting the resolution higher.

-vga cirrus is the only one with good performance, as both "std" and "vmware" vga cards have really slow screen redrawing. I've tried making /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-monitor.conf with a variety of drivers/resolutions but nothing seems to have any effect on cirrus and none can improve std/vmware.

Has anybody managed to get -vga std to work for Linux Guest?

Thanks.

flack 2.0.6: menu-driven BASH script to easily tag FLAC files (AUR)
knock-once 1.2: BASH script to easily create/send one-time sequences for knockd (forum/AUR)

#2 2010-11-29 20:19:54

dyscoria

Re: qemu/kvm and screen resolution

OK, new progress. I'm using xorg.conf now instead of 10-monitor.conf and it is actually having an effect on the screen resolution.

"std" still redraws painfully slowly so is unusable. "vmware" actually works nicely and responds to screen resolution change, but when pressing ctrl-alt-f to go fullscreen, the screen doesn't expand properly (a big black border appears around the desktop and the deskop itself gets all pixelated).

Any ideas?

Update: Tried all of "cirrus" "std" and "vmware" but can't get resolution to increase. Neither does fullscreen flash playback work smoothly sad nevermind! Guess I'll give virtualbox a spin and see how that goes.

Last edited by dyscoria (2010-11-29 22:20:16)

flack 2.0.6: menu-driven BASH script to easily tag FLAC files (AUR)
knock-once 1.2: BASH script to easily create/send one-time sequences for knockd (forum/AUR)

#3 2010-11-29 23:06:34

djgera
Developer
Website

Re: qemu/kvm and screen resolution

Board footer