You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-30 22:16:07

bjarkith

Fonts and locale

Hello, this is my first post, here, well the thing is I'v been using Arch now for a couple of weeks and I like it a lot, used to use ubuntu but became thired of Gnome and how heavy it was so I decided to try Arch and set it up with Openbox(wich I was used to from CrunchBang Linux) and it has been nothing but pleasentness except 2 things. First is a font trouble wich I cant seem to fix or find a soloution to on the web.
My fonts almost all the time look like theyr supposed to but some apps dont seem to get it, like Unetbootin and Midori wich have extreemly ugly fonts.(See in picture)

http://www.veidiblogg.com/dot/screenshot.jpg

What can I do to make these programs use the DejaVu sans like all my other programs?

The other thing is folder and file names, this I'v also been having a lot of trouble with without finding a soloution to,  I'm icelandic and we have a couple of letters diffrent from the english alphabet, þæðóáúíé , in ubuntu this was not a problom and I could name all my files and folder with icelandic characters, now when I'v migrated to arch it doesnt allow me to name folders with these letters and also it doesnt allow me to open files and folders I brought from ubuntu (like all my school stuff) that have Icelandic characters in them, cousing me to having to rename all my stuff if I want to use it.

Is anyone out there with the solutions to my problems?

With thanks in advance, Bjarki

#2 2010-11-30 23:05:57

anonymous_user

Re: Fonts and locale

Unetbootin is a QT app so try running qtconfig and changing the style to GTK+. Also look here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Un … plications

#3 2010-12-01 08:49:03

bjarkith

Re: Fonts and locale

Thx, for the help with that, now I get the gtk+ theme applied but the even tough I change the fonts in qtconfig it doesnt get applied, the fonts still remain crappy.

Board footer