You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-09 16:52:36

lrcaballero

"INIT: id "x" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minute"

Hello Archers!

This is my situation… I am running ArchBang! On my Acer Aspire Timeline with all Intel, 320HD, 3GB Ram DDR2 and Intel Mobile 4 Series Express Chipset Family GMA 4500MHD (GM45) 64bit. I  understand that this may not be the appropriate place to post my thread but this Forum is my last Resource!

I removed Vesa driver (# pacman –R xf86-video-vesa) and install the Intel driver available in the repositories (# pacman –S xf86-video-intel) then I edit my /boot/grub/grub.cfg and deleted: xorg=vesa nomodeset.

Rebooted and I see the changes right away fonts are looking wonderful but after all deamons finish running I go into this command login screen! Rather than my login manager to then go into my OpenBox window manager. And so I get this weird message "INIT: id  "x" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minute"

I tried uncommenting in my slim.conf:
#/etc/slim.conf
Daemon yes
Per suggested in the ArchBang! forums

I also tried the KMS per the Archwiki Intel… https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Intel
One thing I did not try was installing lib32-intel-dri because my system is 64 bit. But I don't think this step is necessary. Is it?

I have tried other things but have not been successful. Please Help! Any suggestions/guidance and/or tips are highly appreciated.

Happy Holidays,

Luis Caballero

Live, Enjoy & Share

#2 2010-12-09 17:28:10

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: "INIT: id "x" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minute"

Please don't post multiple threads. Closed your other ones. Consider this your first warning.

For reference, please go to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … ss-Posting

Actually, please read that whole document.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-12-09 17:35:18

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2010-12-10 16:17:39

lrcaballero

Thank you! jasonwryan....I will look into it! I have also read about deleting my Xorg.file do you think this might help?

Happy Friday..

Luis R. Caballero

Live, Enjoy & Share

#5 2010-12-10 16:22:51

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

And a gentle push towards the Newbie corner...

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

Board footer