You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-19 00:22:42

Psikon

Kernel 2.6.32.2 problem during compile with fixdeb [Solved]

Hi all,

I was sitting the whole day infront of my laptop and tried to fix an problem i have withe the new kernel from Arch Linux 2.6.32.2-1. So i decided to compile my own kernel and here started my journey of failures. I have found this how to in the german Arch forum: https://wiki.archlinux.de/title/Eigenen … _erstellen. For everyone not speaking german here is another howto with the same content but not so good explained: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_Compilation. I decided for the third method "compiling the Arch way" and followed the instructions of the author. The idea is an package which can simply rebuild at any time i need a new kernel.
The problem i cannot solve is, that "make" cannot find the programm fixdeb. I am using the command makepkg -c and makepkg -e and nothing works.

HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
/bin/sh: scripts/basic/fixdep: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Fehler 1
make: *** [scripts_basic] Fehler 2

Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden = no such file or directory

I also tried the traditionally way of building a kernel, but "make menuconfig" also gives the same error message. I do not understand why the compiler cannot find the file. It is definitly in the source folder. I also tried installing the kernel headers, but nothing works. The sourcecode of the kernel is from kernel.org. Please help me. And if you need more informations please ask me.

Last edited by Psikon (2010-12-29 12:25:30)

#2 2010-12-28 22:16:30

Psikon

Re: Kernel 2.6.32.2 problem during compile with fixdeb [Solved]

Have found my failure. Needed an new version of gcc. Please mark topic as solved.

#3 2010-12-29 12:18:46

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Kernel 2.6.32.2 problem during compile with fixdeb [Solved]

You can edit the topic title yourself and put [SOLVED] in front of it. After all, it's your post wink.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

Board footer