You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-20 12:45:48

CheatCat

[Solved] Something strange about the mirrors

I am trying to update the system, but I got these console messages:

error: failed retrieving file 'testing.db.tar.gz' from ftp5.gwdg.de : File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
error: failed retrieving file 'testing.db.tar.gz' from mirror.archlinux.no : File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
error: failed retrieving file 'testing.db.tar.gz' from archlinux.puzzle.ch : File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
error: failed retrieving file 'testing.db.tar.gz' from mirror.archlinux.no : Not Found
error: failed retrieving file 'testing.db.tar.gz' from ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu : File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
error: failed retrieving file 'testing.db.tar.gz' from archlinux.limun.org : Not Found

It's the same for all other stuff like core, extra, community...

So no mirrors don't have the files, what have happens with these? Or is I just unlucky and choose 6 mirrors that you are not suppose to update from?

EDIT: Ohh, I am really stupid! I forget to add /$repo/os/i686 to the mirror path!

Last edited by CheatCat (2011-01-20 12:51:13)

#2 2011-01-20 12:51:24

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: [Solved] Something strange about the mirrors

It would be a hell of a coincidence if they'd all be syncing at the same time.

At least the first mirror is reported to be syncing successfully:

http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/

Try some other mirrors, if they all show the same problem, I think the cause is at your end rather than at the mirrors'.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

Board footer