You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-11 02:11:42

zagloj

pre-shared key incorrect message in WPA [solved]

Hello, I am new to Arch Linux and this forums, but I was reading it the past 4 hours or so. I am writing because I am trying to setup the wifi connection in a laptop where I installed Arch Linux today.

I followed this guide:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/WPA_Supplicant

And the output of

wpa_passphrase mywireless "secretpassphrase" > /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

Seemed ok (the file content I mean). After more than 2 hours thinking about a problem with dhcpcd ("timed out" message) I figured out that the problem is probably at this step:

wpa_supplicant -Dwext -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf 

It says that pre-shared key maybe incorrect and disconnects all the time (I checked it more than 2 times). Before installing into the laptop I tried the Arch Livecd without problems (it was with xfce and wicd, in the install i dont have graphical enviromment yet).

I use the 3945 driver its and Intel card and this would be the first time I setup a wifi in Linux. Thought I could connect to internet by eth0 disconnecting my desktop pc (the one from I am writing with gentoo)

Bye and thanks in advance for reading it smile And sorry for my english.

Last edited by zagloj (2011-02-11 10:47:37)

#2 2011-02-11 09:08:27

jOaNbE

Re: pre-shared key incorrect message in WPA [solved]

On the bottom (section No IP from dhcp server) of the wiki page you linked to there is fix for your card. Try that and post your results here.

Last edited by jOaNbE (2011-02-11 09:27:58)

#3 2011-02-11 10:47:09

zagloj

Re: pre-shared key incorrect message in WPA [solved]

jOaNbE wrote:

On the bottom (section No IP from dhcp server) of the wiki page you linked to there is fix for your card. Try that and post your results here.

Thanks, I tried it before without success.... this is embarassing... I checked with a liveCD and it was a case sensitive problem in a letter of the passphrase, now it works perfectly. smile

Sorry about the mistake.

Board footer