You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-21 06:45:53

nemesis2all

(Solved) Trouble with installing on Crucial C300 Real SSD 64GB

Hello everyone. I've been trying to figure this out for the last three nights. I cannot get arch installed if I am using my ssd. The ssd is Crucial c300 64 GB firmware is 0006. It does not matter what I do if my ssd is connected I get to booting os in bios followed by a reboot with no error messages. I have tried many different things like allowing arch to manually partition the ssd, using ssd as home instead of root to no avail. Only thing I have not tried is adding a 1 mb partition to the beginning of ssd marked as ef02 as per the Arch SSD wiki. If anyone with this same ssd and firmware can chime to let me know if they had the same issue I would appreciate it. I do not have this problem with other distros. Ubuntu, Linux Mint, and LMDE have all installed fine on the ssd. Sorry if this is the wrong section for this.

Edit. Looks like I found out the problem. It was having quit boot enabled in the bios. I suppose I need to look into initreadahead if I want arch and my computer to play nice with that setting.

Last edited by nemesis2all (2011-02-21 13:40:28)

Board footer