You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-26 17:44:29

agon

[SOLVED] PC-speaker on terminal and while shutting down.

Hi everyone!

I've already searched the net, but everything I tried didn't work.

Last week I had to reinstall arch. I did it following the same guide that the pervius time, but this time when using bash the PC speaker sounds instead of the sound theme beep. That is, when hitting tab and there are more than one file in the curren folder, or while shutting down just after X shuts.

I'm using a Intel-HDA soundcard, and it seems to perfectly work when watching videos or listening to music. As said, in the last installation sound worked perfectly for me everywhere.  I've also tried to backlist the pcspkr module, but it didn't work

I'm quite a newbie, so I don't really know which otputs I shall post, please tell me :S

thank you

Last edited by agon (2011-02-27 11:24:24)

#2 2011-02-26 19:15:25

karol
Archivist

Re: [SOLVED] PC-speaker on terminal and while shutting down.

Did you reboot after blacklisting or did you unload the module manually?

#3 2011-02-26 21:39:21

agon

I rebooted. I've also chequed that it's written correctly.
It's only I dont understand why the last time I hadn't to do anything and this time its giving so many prbolems :S

#4 2011-02-26 22:38:38

agon

Uff... I've been all day searching on the net. I'v only found tutorials on how to disable the speaker.

I also noticed that firefox also uses that bell when searhing with cntrl+F and nothing is found. As said, last time I could use gnomes sound theme. Now, when I go to system>setting>volume control and select the bell sound I want to be played, it actually sounds, and the configuration gets saved. But when it should sound (terminal, firefox, general bells, etc) only my PC-speaker sounds, qhich is quite anoying.

I dont want to completely disable the bell (sound feedback is usefull) but i want to have the bell played by mi soundcard.

Any suggestions? I dont know what is different compared to last week!

--- --- ---

Edit:

I dont understand. Just for testing (as said, I've been all day tryin to find the source of the problem) i've created a new user. And the sound for this user works PERFECTLY!
Knowing it user related. Which files are in charge of the sound configuration?

My head already feels like a pumpkin

Last edited by agon (2011-02-26 23:15:47)

#5 2011-02-27 11:23:44

agon

SOLVED

In the end I deleted my user and my home folder, and recreated everything from scrath. Seems it was something caused by my user configuration, but I couldn't find the problem.

It's not an optimal solution, but I had enough tongue

cu

Board footer