You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-25 17:00:51

Zwenx

A couple questions about gnome 3

Hi everyone,

I've been a long time arch and gentoo user and have worked confortably in gnome 2.32 for 2-3 years. I recently stuck gnome-testing in my repo list and upgraded to gnome 3.0 testing. Everything has been going fine so far but since there is such a lack of documentation for gnome 3 as of yet I have just 2 questions to ask.

1. None of my settings buttons in the new panel work, for example under my username "System Settings" "Sound Settings" "Universal Access Settings" "Date & Time Settings" All can be clicked but do not open anything. I can open gnome-control-panel from terminal but it would be nice to have the panel buttons work correctly, does anyone know where I can find the logs for the new gnome-panel to see what is going on, I can't seem to find them, or If you know how to fix the problem.

2. I use my wacom tablet for school and have a quick script that I need to run at the startup of gnome. Gnome 2.32 had a Startup applications box where I could previously put scripts, where can I find the equivilant function in gnome 3? (Note I have tried rc.local .bashrc and /etc/profile none of which start at gnome login only once i login to a shell (start up a terminal))

If anything these are just minor quibbles however I would love to see these fixed, very much enjoying the gnome 3 experience, look forward to your help smile

-Zwenx

#2 2011-03-25 18:25:26

tasuret

Re: A couple questions about gnome 3

EDIT: Yeah, sorry. I didn't know anyone had a solution. I spent days googling, and it's like this problem is being hidden and drowned out by reviews and crap. Thank you for correcting me.

Last edited by tasuret (2011-03-25 20:21:23)

#3 2011-03-25 19:00:21

wonder
Developer
Website

Re: A couple questions about gnome 3

@Zwenx i'm telling you want i told you already on irc.
1) is a know upstream problem and i think it would be fixed before 3.0.
2) add a .desktop file in ~/.config/autostart

3) we have a dedicated gnome-unstable thread for this kind of questions.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=79706&p=23

@tasuret you really should stop giving stupid advises. see https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=645063#c4

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

Board footer