You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-07 01:33:13

fflarex

[SOLVED] Trouble shutting down computer

Within the first few minutes of booting, everything is fine. But after a short time I can't shut down or reboot my computer any longer, from either the command line or GUI (KDE in the case). I also can't logout from KDE. If I try, it will hang at tty1 (I'm pretty sure this is not the same issue. Even though there are a few similarities, my troubles did not begin with a kernel upgrade). However, if I start a new session then I am again able to shut down fine for the next few minutes.

I suspect consolekit, but I don't know enough about it to know where to look. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I think this may have been two separate issues. Not being able to shut down was a systemd issue, solved by upgrading to the new version in testing. Not being able to shut down from KDE was another issue, solved by deleting /var/tmp/kdecache-*. I still have no idea why these actions fixed anything though; they just did. I didn't mention systemd before because I thought I was seeing the same problem with Arch's normal initscripts.

Last edited by fflarex (2011-04-07 19:23:59)

Board footer