You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-22 04:19:31

splippity

siptosis for bridging skype and asterisk.

does anyone use siptosis for bridging skype and asterisk??
Im looking at it as a viable alternative to what Im doing now which is answering the phone on my laptop. Would be nice to have a regular house phone again.

I currently have a paid for skype account which gives me calling anywhere in the USA.

the real question is: Is there a need for an arch package for siptosis? or just download it and launch it after launching skype as described in many online tutorials?
Didnt know if theres anything else I needed to know.....
It will just intercept the skype stuff and forward it to asterisk without me needing to do anything??
Just confused as to the process..... Maybe its good to note I have never used asterisk so I dont know if I will just get it when I start using it.
Thanks.

#2 2011-04-22 05:27:36

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: siptosis for bridging skype and asterisk.

asterisk is on the AUR but siptosis isn't. Make of that what you will, typically if an app is used by a few people at least one would cook up a PKGBUILD (since its so easy) for the AUR. The fact that such does not exist may mean that noone uses it.

Of course seeing as siptosis is java-based (and, I assume, simply a single executable) it may just be that its easiest simply to download and use it.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2011-04-22 06:07:28

splippity

yeah Im thinking its just a download and launch app ... well its not that people dont use siptosis because a reference for its use could be:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=88515 and looking under communications apps.
thanks for the reply

Last edited by splippity (2011-04-22 06:08:55)

#4 2011-04-22 08:43:56

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

splippity wrote:

yeah Im thinking its just a download and launch app ... well its not that people dont use siptosis because a reference for its use could be:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=88515 and looking under communications apps.
thanks for the reply

In that case I guess (like all good Arch users) you should just try it out and see what happens smile.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer