You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-27 23:09:14

aluser

Synchronize clipboard across all TTY sessions?

I'm trying to paste a short snippet of code into one of the tty sessions command line (those terminal sessions shown after pressing Ctrl + Alt + F1, F2, etc..) I'd like to use Ctrl  +v and Ctrl +P to paste across an X session and a terminal one. I don't know much about how clipboard are handled in arch and linux in general, but I want to know if its possible to achieve this. Thanks in advance!

#2 2011-04-28 02:29:30

x33a
Forum Fellow

Re: Synchronize clipboard across all TTY sessions?

I don't think you can do this easily. One way to do this is through screen, and xsel/xclip. Just pipe the text you want copied to xsel, and then open another tty, use screen -x to connect to the already connected screen session (in the other tty), and type xsel at the command prompt.

Don't know if there are other ways though.

#3 2011-04-28 03:02:47

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Synchronize clipboard across all TTY sessions?

aluser wrote:

I don't know much about how clipboard are handled in arch and linux in general, but I want to know if its possible to achieve this. Thanks in advance!

Go and find out, then. Google saves your time and the time of everyone else. Please do not post questions like this without doing some basic searching first in future.

Closed.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer