You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-02 20:25:45

dffx

[solved] Compiling Wine from source: OpenGL headers?

I've looked around the forums and I wasn't able to really find a definitive answer on this -- most of the issues are related to compiling on Arch64, when I'm on 32bit.

Basically, when compiling the latest version of Wine in a new install of Arch32, I'm having issue with the compiler finding the OpenGL development headers:

configure: WARNING: OpenGL development headers not found.
OpenGL and Direct3D won't be supported.

On Fedora (where I'm coming from) I would then just install the opengl-devel package, or something similar. Unfortunately on Arch I'm unable to find any packages -- either in the core repositories, or AUR -- that might contain the OpenGL dev headers.

I have nvidia-utils currently installed and up to date, and I tried installing the proprietary nvidia driver from their website, and I'm still getting the error.

I'm still getting my wits about me with Arch, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.

Thanks!

Last edited by dffx (2011-05-03 01:31:50)

#2 2011-05-02 22:57:34

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [solved] Compiling Wine from source: OpenGL headers?

Why aren't you simply using the PKGBUILD?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2011-05-03 01:31:34

dffx

Re: [solved] Compiling Wine from source: OpenGL headers?

I did end up using the PKGBUILD version, though my issue with the errors still remained -- I was hoping to get to the root of it.

Turns out that it was a simple solution: I just needed to update my system.

Board footer