You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-11 17:19:52

PHGamer

Gnome Places messed up.

I installed KDE recently when I had gnome installed already and now when I go to connect to server on Gnome and fill out the info. Instead of launching nautilus it loads Knotify and Cervisia when trying to connect to a samba share. Or It will load Filelight when selecting a home folder. How can I get Gnome fixed?

#2 2011-05-12 15:08:30

dodo3773

Re: Gnome Places messed up.

PHGamer wrote:

I installed KDE recently when I had gnome installed already and now when I go to connect to server on Gnome and fill out the info. Instead of launching nautilus it loads Knotify and Cervisia when trying to connect to a samba share. Or It will load Filelight when selecting a home folder. How can I get Gnome fixed?

I had a problem similar recently while doing some DE hopping. I could not get places to open Nautilus only Thunar. I could not find an easy way to fix it. My solution was to uninstall thunar, reboot, then open places and then a box popped up asking me what I wanted to use. I chose Nautilus and everything was back to normal. Probably not the greatest solution but it should work if you cannot get your file assosiations switched back to where you want them.

#3 2011-05-12 15:49:49

Nichollan

xdg-mime may have been configured to use these applications.

Here is how I configured Thunar as my file manager

> xdg-mime query filetype [directory]
application/x-directory; charset=binary
> ls /usr/share/applications|grep Thunar
Thunar-bulk-rename.desktop
Thunar.desktop
Thunar-folder-handler.desktop
> xdg-mime default Thunar.desktop application/x-directory
> xdg-mime query default application/x-directory
Thunar.desktop
> xdg-open [directory]
[opens Thunar]

There are *.desktop files in /usr/share/applications and ~/.local/share/applications.

#4 2011-05-12 19:00:56

PHGamer

It got it to work using Nochollans solution sorta. I dont have the type application/x-directory. I had the mime type inode/directory. I changed it in /usr/share/applications since it wasnt my local system that did it. I wonder if I switch to kde in GDM it will use nautilus now lol. Anyways thank you for your help.

Board footer