You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-15 14:13:30

Weware

Getting Arch to run on a Samsung N210 | Pacman troubles

Hey there,

for the last two days I've been trying to install Arch via USB onto my netbook Samsung N210. I tried following several beginner's guides and finally got my Wlan working (sometimes at least, I still didn't figure out how it working after a reboot) and tried updating everything using pacman. At first it appeared to be working but when pacman finished up updating itself, something went wrong. I can't recall what error it was since I tried fixing the problem on my own, but it appears I can't get it to work again.

So how exactly can I get my pacman to work again and start/finish configuring my new setup? I already read this thread, but can't figure out how to use the script.

#2 2011-06-15 14:17:33

karol
Archivist

Re: Getting Arch to run on a Samsung N210 | Pacman troubles

What is the problem: no Internet connection or some trouble with pacman?
Are you getting any errors? When? Any errors in the logs?

Last edited by karol (2011-06-15 14:20:53)

#3 2011-06-15 14:38:30

Weware

Re: Getting Arch to run on a Samsung N210 | Pacman troubles

Right now I've got my Internet connection active. I'm accessing via Wlan. Is there a way so I don't have to start it manually every time I boot? Right now the procedure I follow is:

wpa_supplicant -B -Dwext -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
dhcpcd

afterwards my AP appears if I check ifconfig and I can ping websites

The main problem now is that if I try running pacman I only get the error "-bash /usr/bin/pacman: Kann die Datei nicht ausführen" which should translate to "Can't execute the file".
After I installed Arch and set up the internet connection I tried updating via pacman -Syu but right before it finished something failed and left my pacman corrupt now. Also: How do I stop this from happening again?

PS: While booting it shows that Activating Swap failed. How can I do anything against that?

Board footer