You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-14 03:22:26

testdude281

Software Inquiry

Hi,

i have been a recent convert to arch. i like it but i really need a program which can copy files from one place to another and then perform crc checks to verify that the files have been correctly copied. i am slightly paranoid abt my backup and the default copy mechanism in kde doesnt show if the files have been properly copied (file corruption sometimes occurs with my system). right now, i am using teracopy on windows when i need to do backup and coming back to arch for my regular use. i would settle for a command which can do that if a GUI tool in unavailable. i have checked the forums for any discussion abt this but have been unable to find anything useful.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by testdude281 (2011-07-14 03:24:37)

#2 2011-07-14 03:37:00

karol
Archivist

Re: Software Inquiry

rsync uses checksumming

Note  that  rsync always verifies that each transferred file was correctly recon‐
              structed on the receiving side by checking a whole-file checksum that  is  gener‐
              ated  as the file is transferred, but that automatic after-the-transfer verifica‐
              tion has nothing to do with this option’s  before-the-transfer  "Does  this  file
              need to be updated?" check.

Board footer