You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-23 01:16:29

wilberfan

[Solved] Tilda background is now blue

I have a drop-down tilda window that is normally green letters on a black background.  I performed a system update earlier today which, among other things, updated some nvidia stuff.  (I admit it could have been one of the other things that updated...)

My tilda screen is now green letters on a blue background.  I tried installing guake to compare, and it's screen is blue as well...

Any thoughts on what could be going on here?

[Screen capture]:   http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/907/tilda.png

Last edited by wilberfan (2011-07-23 02:02:41)

Hey, be nice...I'm new at this!

#2 2011-07-23 01:39:16

falconindy
Developer
Website

Re: [Solved] Tilda background is now blue

Have you restarted X with the new nvidia driver (rmmod nvidia; modprobe nvidia) since the update?

#3 2011-07-23 01:50:18

wilberfan

Re: [Solved] Tilda background is now blue

Well, I've rebooted and it's gotten weirder:   Now Tilda is displaying a gnome3 wallpaper as it's background!!    http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/269/tilda2m.png

And I just noticed  my audio doesn't work anymore.

This is a XFCE desktop, and I installed a couple of Gnome things today ("gnome-themes-standard" was one. "gnome-keyring" was another.  "gnome-settings-daemon" may have been another one.) in an attempt to get some GTK apps to stop looking so 'boxy' (ie, Evolution & File Roller).  (Evolution wouldn't save passwords without gnome-keyring, I believe.)   I think one of the gnome things I installed, also installed PulseAudio--which might be what's affecting my audio output...

[EDIT]  I just uninstalled the following, which restored the normal background of tilda AND my audio:

# pacman -R pulseaudio-alsa pulseaudio gnome-settings-daemon

(The gnome-settings-daemon apparently had the pulseaudio dependencies??)

Last edited by wilberfan (2011-07-23 02:04:40)

Hey, be nice...I'm new at this!

Board footer