You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-02 16:09:39

nankura

Archbang Preinstall Question's

hey guys, i really like the idea of archbang, but im not a very big fan of openbox or xfce, so i have a phew question's relating to archbang out of curiousity, ive already done alot of googling, and i sort of understand but i just want to clarify big_smile

please dont kill me guys for using the easy buttons sad i dont want to insult the archway D: i understand it, but its just not for me, so archbang is like a dream come true!!, ive always wanted archlinux but ive been stuck on fecrapor/ubumto/mintyfresh

1. Is archbang, simply archlinux + openbox + a phew light programs. - this i dont mind, i just dont want another bloated linux mint full of programs i dont need

2. Is it possable/easy to setup and install KDE on archbang cleanly, like for example. on mint or ubuntu , which is based of debian, which is based off such and such, which is based of something else ive never heard of. if you want to install kde, you cop a hole host of software with it you usually dont need

3. is archbang using the same kernels/setups/core as archlinux, or has it compiled its own setups of those

4. Pretty much i just want a way to skip the initial setup of archlinux, i understand the archway, but its not for everybody, some people are just plain lazy!!, like me. im super lazy

so i like easy buttons, but basically i wanted to get archlinux + kde. and i was curious if archbang will make life easier in doing that

5. i heard arch supports multilib, im curious how this is achieved

6. Does arch have any sort of visual updating programs, package managers like ubuntus software center, and AUR browsers to make life easier

#2 2011-08-02 16:14:27

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Archbang Preinstall Question's

if you are using archbang , please ask on their forums. http://bbs.archbang.org
They would be better able to tell you what archbang exactly is and whether they have made any particular changes to Arch before releasing Archbang.

Arch != Archbang

Forum Etiquette wrote:

Community technical support shall only be provided for official Arch Linux distribution media installations and the Arch User Repository. Threads concerning issues with derivate distributions, or operating systems other than Arch Linux are prohibited and will be closed.

Closing...

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer