You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-23 08:46:05

RichAustin

Gnome3 - Gsettings GUI?

Hi all

Not a major issue this one, more of an irritation. Does anyone know of a GUI for gsettings? I use gsettings to position for example thunderbird on desktop 4, filezilla on 3, rapidSVN on 3 etc.

I don't have to change it very often but it would be nice to have a gui for it. I could write my own but it would obviously be best if it is part of Gnome3 rather than standalone, besides I don't want to waste time writing something that isn't necessary.

I've had a look around and there doesn't appear to be anything yet as far as I can tell.

Thanks
Rich

#2 2011-08-23 09:02:36

jakobcreutzfeldt

Re: Gnome3 - Gsettings GUI?

gconf-editor is for the old-style settings, but most of the Gnome 3 settings can be edited with dconf-editor. Nonetheless, some programs still have their settings in the old system. gnome-tweak-settings provides a user-friendly interface to some gnome-shell-specific settings but I don't think it's what you're going for.

#3 2011-08-23 09:04:08

jakobcreutzfeldt

Also check out the gnome-shell extension auto-move-windows (in extra), which does exactly what you want to do.

#4 2011-08-23 09:06:18

jakobcreutzfeldt

jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:

Also check out the gnome-shell extension auto-move-windows (in extra), which does exactly what you want to do.

Eh, I just realized this is probably what you're using. Then you want to use dconf-editor to handle these keys.

#5 2011-08-23 12:41:24

RichAustin

jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:

Eh, I just realized this is probably what you're using. Then you want to use dconf-editor to handle these keys.

Yes, I am using the auto-move-windows extension, and It does exactly what I wanted in terms of positioning windows on open. I'll have a look at dconf-editor - I hadn't actually heard of it before so thanks for the tip.

Board footer