You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-03 20:02:33

AKL

Start Daemon after LXDE login

Hi,

I've read the various wiki pages about autostart, but they are all about starting programs. But I need to start or restart a daemon. Adding for example

/etc/rc.d/powernowd restart

to the openbox autostart file (either the local or the global one) or to /etc/rc.local doesn't work. These files seem only handle normal programs, not daemons. How do I do it?

Endut! Hoch Hech!

#2 2011-09-03 20:37:19

karol
Archivist

Re: Start Daemon after LXDE login

I think you need to be root to run daemons - maybe that's the problem? Have you tired running it via openbox autostart with sudo?

#3 2011-09-03 20:53:54

AKL

Thanks, but at the moment I'm still configuring the system and therefor are working as root, no users have been added yet. So this can't be the problem.

Endut! Hoch Hech!

#4 2011-09-04 15:22:55

tpolich

what happens when you try

in a terminal?

I don't really understand what your trying to do or rather why your not just putting powernowd in the daemon line of

/etc/rc.conf

The installation section of powernowd's wiki shows you how to do this. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Powernowd

#5 2011-09-04 16:52:29

AKL

tpolich wrote:

what happens when you try

in a terminal?

It works as expected, it restarts the daemon.

tpolich wrote:

I don't really understand what your trying to do or rather why your not just putting powernowd in the daemon line of

/etc/rc.conf

The installation section of powernowd's wiki shows you how to do this. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Powernowd

I've installed Powernow as documented in the link, but somehow it doesn't take control over the CPU until I restart the daemon. May be it has something to do with Trayfreq? I'll test this if this thread is a dead end.
And I'm using Powernow instead of Cpufreq because the ondemand governor will not be used when the CPU driver is p4clockmod. If there is another solution I will be glad to hear about it.

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Board footer