You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-06 13:00:55

Doc Angelo

MLT - Problems with ffmpeg

Hi, im having problems to provide a new PKGBUILD for the new version 0.3.4 of "mlt". The notes for the new version recommends a specific version of "ffmpeg", SVN r16313.

I tried to make and test the new PKGBUILD on a fresh arch install, on a VirtualBox 32-bit guest on my 64-bit host. First i installed ffmpeg from the standard repos, but as expected, "mlt" wont build with the current version from the "extra" repository. Then i made a PKGBUILD for "ffmpeg-svn", compiled and installed it, and "mlt" built and worked (Tested with "mlt++" and "kdenlive", which i also compiled on the virtual test machine). Because that is not very user friendly, to have to install a specific version of "ffmpeg", i tried the configuration option "--avformat-svn", which (if i understood correctly) statically links "ffmpeg r16313". That also worked, and "mlt++" and "kdenlive" worked too.

Finally i tried the PKGBUILD on my real 64-bit system, and it didnt compiled. I dont understand, why it compiles on a fresh system and not on my real system, which are both up to date. Or could some packages in 32-bit and 64-bit have different versions? May it be, that this is the reason?

Heres the PKGBUILD (i can post the error message, when im at home):

# Contributor: Fabian Schoelzel <myfirstname.mylastname@googlemail.com>
# Contributor: funkyou <spamopfer@nickname.berlin.de>
# Contributor: tardo <tardo@nagi-fanboi.net>
# Contributor: Stefan Husmann <stefan-husmann@t-online.de>

pkgname=mlt
pkgver=0.3.4
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="An open source multimedia framework"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="http://www.mltframework.org"
license=('GPL')
depends=('sdl_image' 'libsamplerate' 'libdv' 'qt' 'sox' 'libxml2' 'gtk2')
makedepends=('subversion')
source=(http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/$pkgname/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz)
md5sums=('1c5caf0a3c03b6fe312b9e5998ae01f8')

build() {
  cd $srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --disable-mmx \
        --qimage-libdir=/usr/lib/ --qimage-includedir=/usr/include/Qt \
        --avformat-svn --avformat-swscale
  make || return 1
  make DESTDIR=$pkgdir install || return 1
}

#2 2009-01-12 18:55:05

mutlu_inek

Re: MLT - Problems with ffmpeg

There was a thread about ffmpeg on the Arch dev mailing list. And just now a new version (20081220) entered [testing]. You should give that a shot.

Edit: This is the thread: http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev … 09799.html

Edit2: It builds well with the stuff from [testing].

Last edited by mutlu_inek (2009-01-12 19:13:17)

#3 2009-01-15 10:37:06

Doc Angelo

Re: MLT - Problems with ffmpeg

Thank you for the info! I am listening to this mailing list now, too. I'll try to rebuild for both arches with the packages from testing.

Board footer