You are not logged in.

#826 2010-10-05 16:11:56

Primoz

Re: Bauerbill: Powerpill + ABS, AUR, CPAN and Hackage support + more

Xyne wrote:

@Primoz
That happened because it was passing along the arguments directly. I've updated perl-xyne-arch and perl-xyne-common so that it will now replace the group name with the names of the selected packages.

Update both packages (version >=2010.10.05.1) and let me know if it works as expected.

Yes now it works!
Thanks!

Arch x86_64 ATI AMD APU KDE frameworks 5
---------------------------------
Whatever I do, I always end up with something horribly mis-configured.

#827 2010-10-07 14:03:32

jdarnold
Website

I just took the big [testing] plunge to work with the new python/python2/python3 packages and ran into a problem with bauerbill (I think). The 'python' package in [testing] is supposed to replace the python3 package from [community], but it doesn't actually seem to do the replace. Here's the errors I got:

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/272216/

I had to first do a 'pacman -R python3' by hand to get it to work.

#828 2010-10-07 15:27:55

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

@jdarnold
All of those errors are printed out by pacman, not bauerbill (they all come after "--> Running pacman: '/usr/bin/pacman'..."). Check the information for the python packages and report any missing entries in the PKGBUILD to the maintainer.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#829 2010-10-07 16:39:45

jdarnold
Website

I wonder about the order of things. In the PKGBUILD for the [testing] python, it has Replaces="python3". Unfortunately, I should have tried some other things, like just a pacman -Su, so whatever the cause was, it is now fixed.

#830 2010-10-09 09:02:47

infinull

When dealing with files that have ampersands(&) in there URLs bauerbill doesn't create a correct metalink file.
The ampersands need to be escaped.
Also the 'query' part of the url (the part after the question mark (?) ) should be removed from the file path and identifier.

An example project/pkgbuild is the jdownloader project: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=29288

#831 2010-10-09 20:01:03

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

@infinull
It should be fixed with the latest versions of perl-xyne-arch and perl-xyne-common (both >= 2010.10.09.1).

#832 2010-10-13 05:02:14

hustletrees

i have my bauerbill.conf set to always use abs and i've been trying to sudo bauerbill -Syu. every time i use the command it checks for upgradeable repo and AUR packages, loads the ABS taurball data then tries to check for abs archive updates for [multilib] and [extra] but then displays an error:

error: tar exited with 256 (su josh -c 'bsdtar -ztf /tmp/bauerbill/taurballs/multilib.abs.tar.gz 2>/dev/null'

i saw a similar error earlier in the thread circa april and you said to upgrade perl-xyne-arch and such but i'm up to date now, much less 4 months ago, so i'm confused as to what's causing the problem.

while you home relaxed I'm squeezin Macs bustin off caps those coward cats with gold and platinum plaques get taxed and i do jooks and sling pies to make cream rise it's all about these green guys front and your whole team dies how i'm livin? so far swell you can't scar L head of the cartel sellin more cakes than Carvel

#833 2010-10-15 15:36:21

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

[multilib] doesn't provide the expected abs archive in the repo. I've known that I would need to make that configurable for a while but haven't done it yet. I'll bump the thread once I've fixed that.

*edit*
I've added an "ABSRepo option". Install the latest version of bauerbill and perl-xyne-arch from the repo on my site and let me know if they work as expected. I'll push the updates to [community] and AUR after some more testing.

Last edited by Xyne (2010-10-15 22:07:56)

#834 2010-10-15 17:54:08

hustletrees

everything is working as expected now, thanks!

while you home relaxed I'm squeezin Macs bustin off caps those coward cats with gold and platinum plaques get taxed and i do jooks and sling pies to make cream rise it's all about these green guys front and your whole team dies how i'm livin? so far swell you can't scar L head of the cartel sellin more cakes than Carvel

#835 2010-10-16 04:18:30

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

--> Searching for upgradable repo packages...
--> Searching for upgradable AUR packages...
Use of uninitialized value $_ in exists at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Xyne/Arch/Bauerbill.pm line 1326.
--> Loading AUR taurball data...

Just updated this morning. I have the latest of everything from your repo.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#836 2010-10-16 08:49:47

brozo

I get the same error as ngoonee.

#837 2010-10-16 11:26:46

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Try the latest version from my repo and let me know if it resolves the issue.

#838 2010-10-16 12:33:18

SanskritFritz
Website

Yes, it does, thanks!

zʇıɹɟʇıɹʞsuɐs AUR || Cycling in Budapest with a helmet camera || Revised log levels proposal: "FYI" "WTF" and "OMG" (John Barnette)

#839 2010-10-17 14:43:36

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Fixed here smile. Thanks.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#840 2010-10-17 15:47:20

m0nhawk

I want to ask -- would it be possible to add support for installing "packages" from CTAN?

Thanks in advance for reply smile

#841 2010-10-17 17:02:46

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

@m0nhawk
I've considered that before and I hope to eventually implement it, but it won't happen for a while. I have very little free coding time right now and I'm trying to spend most of that on another project that I hope to eventually release.

Of course, if someone were to use CPAN.pm or Hackage.pm from perl-xyne-arch as a template to create CTAN.pm, I might consider adding it sooner.

#842 2010-10-22 18:14:58

msx
Website

Hi folks!

I know this *isn't* a Bauerbill/Powerpill related issue but rather is a Yaourt issue, which I'm using as a wrapper for Bauerbill-->Powerpill-->pacman-color, that's why I'm posting here with the hope to find other Bauerbill users who happens to use Yaourt and know how to solve this issue =)

Well, as I explained above, I started using Yaourt as a wrapper of Bauerbill, and I'm having this error [0].
I already had a look at /usr/bin/yaourt/pacman_conf.sh but can't find where the error lies (ok, I'm relatively new to GNU/Linux and bash).
Anyone else having this same issue?

Greetings!

[0] http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/5/7/2 … error.jpeg

Last edited by msx (2010-10-22 18:17:04)

Enjoying i3wm w/ lifebar + j4-dmenu-desktop + tab_windows / fish shell / Emacs / tmux / Konsole / KDE apps
Arch + Linux-libre kernel: ParabolaGNULinux.org

#843 2010-10-22 19:07:47

jdarnold
Website

To begin with, what is the error?

Second, and most importantly, of all - why in the world would you "wrap" Bauerbill with Yaourt? Bauerbill does all yaourt does and more.

#844 2010-10-23 00:35:36

msx
Website

jdarnold wrote:

To begin with, what is the error?

But that was the purpose of the attached screenshot! (check the given link)
Here it is, look:

--> updated [community] +2 ^7 -0                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
/usr/lib/yaourt/pacman_conf.sh: eval: línea 14: error sintáctico cerca del elemento inesperado `>'                                                                                                                                                 
/usr/lib/yaourt/pacman_conf.sh: eval: línea 14: `HoldPkg+=(pacman) HoldPkg+=(glibc) SyncFirst+=(pacman) SyncFirst+=(kernel26-headers) xfercommand+=(/usr/bin/curl -C - %u > %o) architecture+=(x86_64)'                                           

Second, and most importantly, of all - why in the world would you "wrap" Bauerbill with Yaourt? Bauerbill does all yaourt does and more.

I like it a lot, find it really useful and am used too much on how Yaourt shows packages and repos info - again, please check the link of my previous email.

Cheers!

[OT] Hey, nice blog btw!, I see you use a mixed type of apps, which DE/WM are you using?[/OT]

Last edited by msx (2010-10-23 00:37:46)

Enjoying i3wm w/ lifebar + j4-dmenu-desktop + tab_windows / fish shell / Emacs / tmux / Konsole / KDE apps

#845 2010-10-23 00:59:38

Zom

1) You're using a wrapper for a wrapper with support for a wrapper for pacman. You really think this is a good idea? Why?!

2) You linked an error message in a jpeg.

3) Which happens to be in spanish.

4) You also admit that the problem lies within yaourt.

Could you maybe be more helpful?

#846 2010-10-23 12:55:59

msx
Website

Hi Zom =)

Zom wrote:

1) You're using a wrapper for a wrapper with support for a wrapper for pacman. You really think this is a good idea? Why?!

Lol, thanks for your point! You're right, seems I must drop one of them... thanks again.

2) You linked an error message in a jpeg.

My bad, I'm sorry.

3) Which happens to be in spanish.

Idem

4) You also admit that the problem lies within yaourt.

But it's not a matter of admittance but to know if anyone using Bauerbill+Powerpill also use Yaourt!

Could you maybe be more helpful?

I will try!

When using Yaourt wrapping Bauerbill (I know, a wrapper for a wrapper for wrapper...) I got this error:

/usr/lib/yaourt/pacman_conf.sh: eval: line 14: sintax error near unexpected elemment `>'
/usr/lib/yaourt/pacman_conf.sh: eval: line 14: `HoldPkg+=(pacman) HoldPkg+=(glibc) SyncFirst+=(pacman) SyncFirst+=(kernel26-headers) xfercommand+=(/usr/bin/curl -C - %u > %o) architecture+=(x86_64)'

At this time I don't think I still want to use a wrapper for wrapper, etc. but I'm just curious about this error message, what is it telling and just as a AL/bash coding excercise how to solve it!!

Best!

Last edited by msx (2010-10-23 12:56:54)

#847 2010-10-23 18:18:59

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

@msx
The error is telling you that there is a syntax error in your yaourt configuration file (/usr/lib/yaourt/pacman_conf.sh):

/usr/lib/yaourt/pacman_conf.sh: eval: línea 14: error sintáctico cerca del elemento inesperado '>'

The issue has nothing to do with bauerbill, or the way you're wrapping everything. Just open the file and fix it. wink

Other things worth mentioning, even if you they no longer apply:

• You said that you were wrapping bauerbill around powerpill... if you meant that you were using powerpill as bauerbill's "PacmanBin" then I want to point out that there would never be any reason to do that. Bauerbill is an extension of powerpill and does everything that powerpill does using the same code (Bauerbill is a subclass of Powerpill).

• As already mentioned, wrapping yaourt around bauerbill is essentially pointless and adds unnecessary complexity to the whole process. If you really want to use yaourt, just wrap it around powerpill and then use bauerbill separately when you need to do something that yaourt can't.

• In the future, don't post images of error output... copy and paste the output between "[ code ]" tags, or paste it on a pastebin site and post a link.

#848 2010-10-24 18:59:37

msx
Website

@Xyne
Thank you very much, I'll your directions!
Best,
Martín

#849 2010-10-27 03:26:49

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

--> Searching for upgradable AUR packages...
*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/perl: double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x00007fcbc826cf60 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
http://pastebin.com/mgkBjv5q

#850 2010-10-27 11:39:42

kagebe

I'm also getting free() errors: http://pastebin.com/mekLXbUW

Board footer