You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-24 05:43:39

maomao123

Stuck at Reached Target login Prompts

Hey all, first time using Arch! Just read through and followed the Beginner's Guide. Everything went smoothly, I rebooted but I get a series of messages, each with a green OK, ending with "OK ] Reached target Login Prompts" and then nothing - no login prompt, no more messages, nothing.

What's going on?

Thanks.

#2 2014-05-24 05:55:56

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Stuck at Reached Target login Prompts

Just a hunch.  Press return and see what happens.   
You may also try using Ctrl-Alt-F2 to switch to the second console and see if you see a login prompt there.

Oh, and Welcome to Arch Linux smile

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2024-04-19 16:14:30

Anakievs

Re: Stuck at Reached Target login Prompts

Edit: My issue is with the installation media. When I boot the iso. I have no issues after the installation.

Also the cursor blinks very slowly. This is with the latest archlinux-2024.04.01-x86_64.iso.
If I wait 10-15 minutes it continues and seems normal after.

The only workaround I've found is to press and hold a button from the keyboard or press and release random buttons while it's stuck. The cursor will blink a lot faster and after about 1 minute it will continue.

ewaller wrote:

Just a hunch.  Press return and see what happens.   
You may also try using Ctrl-Alt-F2 to switch to the second console and see if you see a login prompt there.

Oh, and Welcome to Arch Linux smile

Enter does nothing. Ctrl-Alt-F2 goes to tty2 but it's still in 'systemd state'.

It's not actually stuck pressing the power button shuts down properly. Pressing ctrl+alt+del reboots properly. The fan runs slow so it's doing nothing. I don't see issues in dmesg.

I boot the iso from hdd (not the same partition as grub).

It occasionally stucks earlier at 'Started openSSH daemon'. And rarely boots fine.

Last edited by Anakievs (2024-04-22 16:43:45)

Board footer