You are not logged in.

#1 2023-12-31 17:36:37

Ride Garcher

Some games natively supported by linux will not open [SOLVED]

/bin/sh\0-c\0/home/richard/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=422970 -- /home/richard/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/home/richard/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/devildaggers/devildaggers'\0
chdir "/home/richard/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/devildaggers"
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/richard/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/richard/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/richard/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
/home/richard/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/devildaggers/devildaggers: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Uploaded AppInterfaceStats to Steam

I tried some games, like pacman 256, and it works well, but some other games like The binding of Isaac, or, in this case, Devil daggers doesn't start.
I tried to install lib32-libcrypto-compat, but the problem persist.

Last edited by Ride Garcher (2024-04-26 15:45:03)

Jr. Web developer

#2 2023-12-31 19:54:07

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: Some games natively supported by linux will not open [SOLVED]

Ride Garcher wrote:

I tried to install lib32-libcrypto-compat, but the problem persist.

The library is supplied by the lib32-openssl-1.1 package but I think it should actually be part of Steam's own runtime bundle, unless you're using the steam-native-runtime package.

Relevant: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Steam/ … _libraries

#3 2024-04-22 13:39:13

Ride Garcher

Re: Some games natively supported by linux will not open [SOLVED]

Problem solved!
The error is well known but apparently there is a different solution that does not apply to every user.
In my case it seems it was a problem caused by wayland. it was enough to change the session with XORG to solve the problem

Jr. Web developer

Board footer