You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-08 19:34:13

GearMic

'ACPI Error: AE_NOT_FOUND' when trying to boot the live environment

I have burned a fresh Arch live environment to a USB stick using Rufus. Trying to boot from it gives me the same three lines of errors repeating many times a second:

This is what is shown.

I have found posts with similar errors that concluded in the realization that the error is harmless, however I have the problem that these lines get printed repeatedly which makes it impossible to see anything else.
Looking carefully I can see that the live environment finishes loading to ram after a while, but even then the errors keep coming.

I have tried booting from the same stick on my laptop, and there a similar error occurs but it's only printed once.

I don't even know what mechanism allows errors coming from somewhere to be printed to the terminal, neither how to disable them in a live environment. Also I don't understand what difference in hardware cause errors to get spammed on my PC but not only printed once on my Laptop.

Mod edit: Removed oversized embedded image -- V1del

Last edited by V1del (2024-04-08 22:10:48)

That bench may be iron, but I assure you it's quite comfortable.

#2 2024-04-08 22:09:53

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: 'ACPI Error: AE_NOT_FOUND' when trying to boot the live environment

Can you switch the VT? Other than that since those are UEFI/BIOS errors, check for an update here.

#3 2024-04-09 08:08:20

GearMic

Yes I can, and the errors appear in every terminal. I'll look into UEFI updates.

#4 2024-04-09 19:18:09

GearMic

I updated my Motherboard to the newest UEFI version but that did not help. I have an ASRock Z170 Gamig K4 which is kind of old, and the newest UEFI version for that is from 2018. But Arch should be able to run on somewhat older hardware, right?

Edit: I managed to get around the errors by disabling ACPI (pressing e on the Arch entry in the Grub list, then appending ' acpi=off' to the line that starts with 'linux'). Things seem to be working now.
Thank you for your help!
Suggestions to fix this without simply disabling the thing that produces the error are very welcome.

Last edited by GearMic (2024-04-09 19:40:41)

#5 2024-04-09 20:34:13

seth

Please post your complete system journal for a boot w/o acpi=off, eg

sudo journalctl -b -1 | curl -F 'file=@-' 0x0.st

for the previous one.

Board footer