You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-18 19:55:53

blablabla

/sys/class/power_supply/BAT1 missing after pacman -Syu

Before an update i had a almost 10h battery usage but now i can only manage 2. I am using lenovo thinkpad t480 with an external battery, but after a recent update i noticed there is not a second directory for my external battery in the directory where it has always been. I also dualboot so when i boot in win11 the battery is there, its detected and fully working, so its specific to newer version of arch, i also tried to boot from a usb archiso and went to the same directory only to not find it there. I used upower -d command to see if maybe it is using it just not seeing the directory, but upower does not detect it either.

#2 2024-04-19 10:09:35

blablabla

Re: /sys/class/power_supply/BAT1 missing after pacman -Syu

Soo i restarted laptop multiple times and had no changes. So i gave up, only to find out this morning that my BAT1 dir in /sys/class/power_supply/ is back for no apparent reason. I know that my extern battery is loose sometimes but the problem above never happened to me. I would still like to know why it happened. I checked the connection multiple times and had no changes, i didnt move my laptop since last post so nothing physically changed. Now i dont know how to mark this post since it is not solved, feel free to tell me how should i mark it

Board footer