You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-20 17:30:51

Mr1101001

Second monitor does not work after update and downgrade does not help

With another distrohop my second monitor turned off. This was Ubuntu. I tried installing Nvidia drivers version of 550 (laptop Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti) and that did not help. Just after I installed Arch Linux with KDE my second monitor worked perfectly. After several month and one of the following updates Nvidia drivers have updated too and monitor just turned off. After I downgraded these to previous version it didnt turn on again. I liked Archlinux experience very much but I just dont know how to deal with this problem.

Specs:
CPU - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 laptop
RAM - 16 gigs

#2 2024-04-22 02:01:13

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Second monitor does not work after update and downgrade does not help

You only mention your dGPU but not what iGPU you're using. Also whether you're using X11/wayland. Also whether the nvidia driver even loads (for most modern gaming laptops the nvidia card handles the external monitor, but the iGPU handles the laptop monitor and everything will work fine even without nvidia module).

Understand your system, post the relevant logs here. Downgrading because 'it used to work' is not the best way to solve problems.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer