You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-20 18:50:39

PeerK

KDE6: Incompatible plasmoid blocks screen background

Hi all,

the upgrade from xorg/KDE5 to Wayland and KDE6 a few weeks ago went all in all incredible smooth - big thanks to all, who made this happen (if they are here ;-) )!

One pretty annoying flaw, that I am dealing with,  is an old KDE5 plasmoid, that I can delete neither graphically, nor do I know, how to identfy it, to remove it via command line. The error message only "says" that it is incompatible with KDE6/QT6 and it fills the whole screen. There is a "red X" on the upper left corner, but nothing happens, if I click on it. If I click on the frame of the error message, the frame is highlightes, but neither opens a context menu, or does the delete-key work.

I had (iirc) a few other incompatible plasmoids on other activities, that I could select and simply delete. But this one isn't selectable. Since it blocks only one of four activities, it impact is limited but more and more annoying.

Does anyone have an idea, how to get rid of it or at least, how I could identify the name of a plasmoid?

Thank you und kind regards,

Peer

Btw.: Is there an opportunity, to upoad a screenshot to this forum?

Last edited by PeerK (2024-04-20 18:51:07)

#2 2024-04-21 15:07:31

PeerK

Re: KDE6: Incompatible plasmoid blocks screen background

Too stupid: I simply removed the activity and created a new one .. I closed the topic ;-)

Kind regards

Board footer