You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-24 05:50:34

DFOwl

KDE won't Launch Discord "JavaScript Error"; Terminal will

Greetings!

The situation is thus: whenever I try to launch discord from the task manager bar in KDE, it gives me a JavaScript error that I can only close by killing it. When I try to launch Discord from the terminal, everything goes smoothly.

My first suspicion is that there is something wrong with Krunner, or whatever is responsible for launching applications in KDE. Perhaps it uses an outdated version of JavaScript, or KDE is missing a path to some important library. For context I am using X11 Plasma6.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

#2 2024-04-24 06:03:45

DFOwl

Re: KDE won't Launch Discord "JavaScript Error"; Terminal will

Restarting the computer solved this issue and many others, including steam not wanting to launch. While restarting, the system was running a stop-job for some disk, but I was unable to diagnose the problem. How could I diagnose what happened?

#3 2024-04-24 07:07:37

seth

Re: KDE won't Launch Discord "JavaScript Error"; Terminal will

Most likely some environment variable.
Please always remember to mark resolved threads by editing your initial posts subject - so others will know that there's no task left, but maybe a solution to find.
Thanks.

While restarting, the system was running a stop-job for some disk, but I was unable to diagnose the problem. How could I diagnose what happened?

If the incident isn't preserved in the journal of the previous boot ("sudo journalctl -b -1") or you have a photo of it or otherwise can recollect more specific details: not.
There was maybe some pending file access preventing the disk from being unmounted?
Subsequent reboots don't trigger this anymore?

Board footer