You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-02 18:49:07

Janax

32-bit Swiftfox packages now available...

I was rebuilding my system because all of a sudden VirtualBox stopped working for me and kernel recompiles weren't doing the trick.  Well, this time I kept my original work in getting some of the 32-bit packages built and submitted 'new' packages to AUR and any changes to already-existing packages as comments to the packages already there.

As with the lib32-jdk package, I made a 32-bit "Swiftfox" package so that I could use Sun's java plugin on my browser.  I submitted both a athlon64 package and a prescott version, so take your pick to suit whichever CPU you're running.  Two prerequisites for Swiftfox are also in my profile - libidl2 and nss.

Once installed, you can link any 32-bit plugins you may want to use like so:

# cd /opt/swiftfox/plugins
# ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so .              # for 'nspluginwrapper-flash'
# ln -s /opt/java32/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so .   # for 'lib32-jdk'

Both work well for me, so hopefully be helpful for someone else out there too!

#2 2007-07-02 19:46:56

Kenetixx
Website

Re: 32-bit Swiftfox packages now available...

The plugins work on 64 bit Swiftfox, Firefox, Epiphany , Seamonkey and Galeon, so i dont see the need for a 32 bit verison?
Or am i missing somehting here?

http://binaryritual.net

There is no spoon.......

#3 2007-07-03 12:50:32

Janax

Re: 32-bit Swiftfox packages now available...

The thing I couldn't figure out how to run 'natively' was Sun's JRE plugin.  I know that there is a 64-bit Blackdown plugin, but it's 1.4 instead of 1.6/6.0u1, so I was unable to use it for testing a program I had written with someone else at work.  I was used to having a 32-bit browser from Gentoo for this purpose, so having one over here wasn't such a bad deal.

Also, javaws (Java Web Start) doesn't even exist in the 64-bit jdk that I saw, so I needed to have a 32-bit JVM available.  That was the first package I made and submitted when I first tried out Arch about 4-5 weeks ago - I had just never posted the browser stuff I did slightly after that.  I think I did better with the swiftfox stuff this time anyway...

Board footer