You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-02 18:33:43

Pudge
Arch Linux f@h Team Member

Totally Seamless SSHFS under Linux using Fuse and Autofs

I ran across this how-to and I am trying to set it up in Arch 64 with Gnome.  I cannot get this to work. 

I have researched this, and tried everything I can think of.  I have done everything in the how-to.  Everything seems to be working without any obvious error messages.  It just won't automount the directory.  Is autofs conflicting with HAL?  Has anyone tried anything like this and got it working in Arch?

In Gnome, if you double click on the Computer icon on the desktop, it will show devices not yet mounted such as CD, DVD, etc.  If you click on CD with the drive empty, you get a dialog box saying "unable to mount the selected volume".  Then when media is inserted, it gets mounted through HAL, automount, gnome-mount or whatever is involved and will now list the device.  Is this process interfering with what I am trying to do?  If so, would it be possible to do this using hal, gnome-mount or whatever?

btw I am trying this in Arch 64, but I put it here because I think it is more of a networking problem than an Arch 64 problem.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Pudge

#2 2008-03-23 12:09:15

perost

Re: Totally Seamless SSHFS under Linux using Fuse and Autofs

If you haven't solved the problem yet I found a solution. Autofs writes logs to /var/log/daemon.log, so you can check there what the problem seems to be. My problem was that the ghost option that the guide appended to the line in auto.master wasn't a known option, so simply removing it made it work.

Board footer