You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-11 18:26:50

uastasi

unable to build libopensync-plugin-evolution2

This is the output I get when i try to install the package using yaourt. I've tried to slightly edit the PKGBUILD but the problem still remains.

==> Avvio di build() in corso...
tar: libopensync-plugin-evolution2-0.22.tar.bz2: impossibile open: No such file or directory
tar: Errore irrimediabile: esco subito
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Uscita per errore ritardata dall'errore precedente

[..snip..]

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
evolution2_sync.c: In function 'evo2_initialize':
evolution2_sync.c:128: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_member_get_config_or_default'
evolution2_sync.c:137: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_member_get_group'
evolution2_sync.c:137: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
evolution2_sync.c:138: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_group_get_name'
evolution2_sync.c:138: warning: passing argument 1 of 'g_strdup' makes pointer from integer without a cast
evolution2_sync.c: In function 'evo2_connect':
evolution2_sync.c:168: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_context_get_plugin_data'
evolution2_sync.c:171: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_member_objtype_enabled'
evolution2_sync.c:176: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_context_send_log'
evolution2_sync.c:177: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_error_free'
evolution2_sync.c:203: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_debug'
evolution2_sync.c:204: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_context_report_error'
evolution2_sync.c:209: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_context_report_success'
evolution2_sync.c: In function 'evo2_report_change':
evolution2_sync.c:216: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_change_new'
evolution2_sync.c:216: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
evolution2_sync.c:217: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_change_set_member'
evolution2_sync.c:218: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_change_set_uid'
evolution2_sync.c:219: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_change_set_objformat_string'
evolution2_sync.c:220: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_change_set_changetype'
evolution2_sync.c:221: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_change_set_data'
evolution2_sync.c:222: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_context_report_change'
evolution2_sync.c: In function 'evo2_sync_done':
evolution2_sync.c:250: warning: implicit declaration of function 'osync_anchor_update'
evolution2_sync.c: At top level:
evolution2_sync.c:299: error: expected ')' before '*' token
make[2]: *** [evolution2_sync.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-giorgio/aur-libopensync-plugin-evolution2/libopensync-plugin-evolution2/src/libopensync-plugin-evolution2-0.22/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-giorgio/aur-libopensync-plugin-evolution2/libopensync-plugin-evolution2/src/libopensync-plugin-evolution2-0.22'
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERRORE: Compilazione interrotta.
    L'operazione sta per essere interrotta...
Error: Makepkg was unable to build libopensync-plugin-evolution2 package.

Till the last battle, till the last bottle.
aur - twitter

#2 2008-02-11 22:17:56

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: unable to build libopensync-plugin-evolution2

You need to patch the Makefile so it doesn't compile with the -Werror switch. Using something like:
sed -i 's/-Werror//g' path/to/Makefile
will do the trick.

it also complains about a missing file: libopensync-plugin-evolution2-0.22.tar.bz2

#3 2008-02-13 23:27:43

uastasi

Snowman wrote:

You need to patch the Makefile so it doesn't compile with the -Werror switch. Using something like:
sed -i 's/-Werror//g' path/to/Makefile
will do the trick.

it also complains about a missing file: libopensync-plugin-evolution2-0.22.tar.bz2

Thank you Snowman.
I have a Makefile in ../aur-libopensync-plugin-evolution2/libopensync-plugin-evolution2/src/libopensync-plugin-evolution2-0.22
and another one in its /src/ subfolder. In the first one I didn't find -Werror string while I did in the second. I've patched this one but the problem still remains.

Till the last battle, till the last bottle.
aur - twitter

#4 2008-02-21 11:13:44

patroclo7

You have probbaly noticed that libopensync in extra belongs to the 0.3* unstable series of opensync, while the evolution plugin in the AUR belongs to the stable 0.2*, because the present contributor in  the AUR does not want to upgrade to 0.3* until there will be a mainstream version of multisync-gui compatible with the new core.

While I do not use evolution and I can not test stuff, I suggest to synchronize the versions (use all 0.2* or all 0.3*). Please note that the compilation routine changes completely from 0.2* to 0.3*, because they now use cmake.

Mortuus in anima, curam gero cutis

Board footer