You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-05 20:39:27

schivmeister
Developer/TU
Website

makepkg: ideas for enhancements

I thought I'd post here too: http://archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-d … 11361.html

makepkg -G

instead of

makepkg -g

to remove previous checksums, generate checksums, inject checksums into PKGBUILD and continue primary call, be it just makepkg or with --install/any other option.

I was thinking an extra argument to bump the pkgver would be a good idea too, no?

I need real, proper pen and paper for this.

#2 2008-03-05 21:09:14

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: makepkg: ideas for enhancements

schivmeister wrote:

to remove previous checksums, generate checksums, inject checksums into PKGBUILD and continue primary call, be it just makepkg or with --install/any other option.

IMO, if you're editing the PKGBUILD, adding new sources or changing the version, then it's just one extra step to delete the current md5sum lines.  Then makepkg -g >> PKGBUILD works fine.

I was thinking an extra argument to bump the pkgver would be a good idea too, no?

Again, I don't agree - it takes moments to bump the pkgver on your own, and again, if you're bumping the pkgver, you'd probably have been editing the PKGBUILD already anyway.

Basically I don't see a strong enough use-case for either suggestion - it's taking something that's already easy, and trying to make it easier, by small amounts.

#3 2008-03-05 21:54:51

schivmeister
Developer/TU
Website

Re: makepkg: ideas for enhancements

it's taking something that's already easy, and trying to make it easier, by small amounts.

Precisely so. I'm not troubled by the current state either, I just think such a trivial and _small_ modification wouldn't be _bad_ since it provides a way (by default) to continue the build after generating new checksums and getting rid of the old ones.

Yeah, maybe buildscript-speficic options aren't even practical =/ Thanks.

I need real, proper pen and paper for this.

Board footer