You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-16 22:06:24

kiguru

Failed to connect to the D-BUS session bus in flux box.help neede?

hi guys i have recently converted to fluxbox from xfce.now the problem is when i use thunar it opens very slowly and gives error

Thunar: Failed to connect to the D-BUS session bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-S0DIa3jzok: Connection refused

and if i use dbus-launch thunar instead of only thunar in xterm every thing is fine.

i have google it and came across to this post and add dbus-launch to .xinitrc but in vain

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=320854

can anyone help?

and same error with sonata and xfce terminal

Sonata failed to connect to the D-BUS session bus: Unable to determine the address of the message bus (try 'man dbus-launch' and 'man dbus-daemon' for help)
Unable to register terminal service: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-gjhHIiEFnb: Connection refused

#2 2008-03-16 22:37:51

blu3ness

Re: Failed to connect to the D-BUS session bus in flux box.help neede?

if which dbus-launch >/dev/null && test -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS"; then
    eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session`
fi

execute this code before you start your window manager, preferably in .xinitrc

Edit: sorry, didn't see that you have already tried this method. Try to execute the dbus-launch shell script under a terminal and then type thunar to see if you still get the same error.

Last edited by blu3ness (2008-03-16 22:39:10)

Archlinux on Compaq Presario v5000 laptop smile

#3 2008-03-16 22:53:19

kiguru

Re: Failed to connect to the D-BUS session bus in flux box.help neede?

blu3ness thanx for your help i have solved it by omitting "exec startfluxbox" and adding "dbus-launch startfluxbox" to .xinitrc.if i got any problem i will definitely try your method.

may be i can put it in .fluxbox/startup before executing fluxbox command "exec /usr/bin/fluxbox".in this way my .xinitrc will contain only windows managers entries.

any ways thank you very much.

Board footer