You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-07 01:06:48

escondida
Package Maintainer (PM)

Proposal: Lisp module packaging standards

If you go to http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Lis … Guidelines, you'll find a proposal for a standard way of packaging lisp stuff. If this sounds interesting to you, feel free to check it out, edit as needed, etc. Enjoy!

#2 2008-04-07 12:14:48

dolby

Re: Proposal: Lisp module packaging standards

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#3 2009-03-07 20:21:23

dejari

Re: Proposal: Lisp module packaging standards

There are several possibilities of managing Common Lisp libraries.

The first decision would be Debian's Common Lisp Controller versus ASDF/Mudballs.

I don't know much about the CLC, but I think Mudballs (being a modern version of ASDF and ASDF-INSTALL) would be suitable for managament of CL stuff.

A minor problem is how to bootstrap it. Do we require some Lisp installed for running MB? Or do we compile a self-sufficient binary?

Of course we could remove the requirement to have Mudballs for installing packages altogether and just use it for *building* our CL packages, i.e. let it download and install a system into $startdir/pkg.

What do you think of this approach?

Board footer