You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-28 19:22:20

Hohoho

[SOLVED] gnome-volume-manager is lazy

Until some update that I missed all was fine. I boot, my volumes are mounted, I can see them in ROX (my main file management program).
I insert a CD/DVD/whatever, its mounted and its all in /media/.:D
But now it just does nothing, until I start Nautilus, then everything gets mounted.
I close Nautilus, and it doesnt mount anything again. sad
gnome-volume-manager process is up and running after login before running nautilus and after closing it too.
How can I make it behave nicely without the nuisance that Nautilus is? hmm

Oh and Im running Openbox as the window manager in Gnome, Nautilus desktop handling disabled.

Last edited by Hohoho (2008-05-28 20:21:12)

#2 2008-05-28 20:04:09

Diaz

Re: [SOLVED] gnome-volume-manager is lazy

i had the same problem.

i looked in the changelog and it appears that from now on the automount function is disabled upstream because that function is to be handled by the nautilus ( http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/ … .3.changes ). For me it is a problem because i use openbox and thunar, so you just have to recompile the package with the option: "--enable-automount" .

info from:
~/Desktop/gnome-volume-manager-2.22.3  $  ./configure --help

then start it ( after recompiling with abs, for example ), but look that the path changed, now in my autostart file for openbox i have:
/usr/lib/gnome-volume-manager/gnome-volume-manager --sm-disable --daemon=yes &

hope it helps you, because this annoyed me for a long time and this is the only easy way to mount my partitions easily tongue

Last edited by Diaz (2008-05-28 20:04:56)

#3 2008-05-28 20:18:01

Hohoho

Re: [SOLVED] gnome-volume-manager is lazy

Works like a charm, thanks smile

Synced ABS, edited the PKGBUILD, added --enable-automount after ./configure and compiled it.

Last edited by Hohoho (2008-05-28 20:20:55)

Board footer