You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-01 19:29:14

arew264
Website

I Must be Some Sort of Idiot

I'm trying to build all the dependencies for the Fedora Directory Server, and I've gotten all the way to perl-mozldap, a perl interface to the Mozilla LDAP SDK (Written in C).
The trick is that instead of standard automake (and ./configure), they use Makefile.PL, which generates Makefile, which can be used to build the program.
They build one C file, which wants to include "ldappr.h" and "ldap_ssl.h", which were installed by a previous dependency in /usr/include/ldap"

[arew264@Reno src]$ ls /usr/include/ldap
disptmpl.h  iutil.h  lber.h  ldap-deprecated.h  ldap-extension.h  ldap-platform.h  ldap-standard.h  ldap-to-be-deprecated.h  ldap.h  ldap_ssl.h  ldappr.h  ldif.h  srchpref.h
[arew264@Reno src]$

My solution was to replace "#include <ldappr.h>" with "#include <ldap/ldappr.h>" (and the same with ldap_ssl.h), which should work, right?

I'm getting this (this is just an excerpt, I left out the several hundred undefined symbols):

cc -c  -I/usr/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe   -DVERSION=\"1.5\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.5\" -fPIC "-I/usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/CORE"  -DUSE_SSL -DPRLDAP API.c                                                                                                                                       
API.c:86:23: error: ldap_ssl.h: No such file or directory                                                                                                                                                         
In file included from API.c:90:                                                                                                                                                                                   
constant.h:60:25: error: ldap/ldappr.h: No such file or directory                                                                                                                                                 
constant.h:64:28: error: ldap/ldap_ssl.h: No such file or directory

You can see with the first error that I missed a file somewhere (I only changed constant.h), but the two lines in constant.h that throw the errors are:

60: #include <ldap/ldappr.h>
64: # include <ldap/ldap_ssl.h>

I'm not sure why they have that extra space on line 64, but it can't really hurt anything, AFAIK.

I must be missing something trememdously obvious here, can anyone help me?
Should I post up the PKGBUILD I'm trying to get to work?

Last edited by arew264 (2008-09-01 19:34:52)

#2 2008-09-06 17:49:56

arew264
Website

Re: I Must be Some Sort of Idiot

Could I get a TU or someone with packaging experience to help me? I'm trying to package up the Fedora Directory Server, and this is the last prerequisite. I think they use it for the administration tools.
I have PKGBUILD's for the other... 4 or 5 prerequisites, I just can't seem to get this one to build.

Board footer