You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-08 07:01:14

emphire

Finding a sponsor to become a TU

I would be interested in becoming a TU.  I have several packages in AUR and have subscribed to the aur-general mailing list for a while now and posted to it a few times.  I am starting to suspect that my posts are not making it through as they have all been ignored.  I don't think any of my emails were off topic and they were all asking questions or making requests.

Anyway, I was wondering how I can go about getting a TU to sponsor me.  I've noticed that most of the requests on the list come from friends of existing TUs.  Is it basically a situation where TUs just refer friends or would a TU just need review my packages in AUR?

#2 2008-10-08 07:20:55

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: Finding a sponsor to become a TU

emphire wrote:

I would be interested in becoming a TU.  I have several packages in AUR and have subscribed to the aur-general mailing list for a while now and posted to it a few times.  I am starting to suspect that my posts are not making it through as they have all been ignored.  I don't think any of my emails were off topic and they were all asking questions or making requests.

What name do you use on you emails?  I can not find anything from you in the archives (both for emphire and your real name).  Are you using the same address as you subscribed from?

emphire wrote:

Anyway, I was wondering how I can go about getting a TU to sponsor me.  I've noticed that most of the requests on the list come from friends of existing TUs.  Is it basically a situation where TUs just refer friends or would a TU just need review my packages in AUR?

In general, you email a TU that you have had some dealing with and ask.  If they approve of your packaging skills then they may sponsor you.  It just happens that a bunch of people from the Arch Brazil community have applied lately and so it seems like they all know each other.

#3 2008-10-08 07:36:53

emphire

Thanks Allan.

Allan wrote:

What name do you use on you emails?  I can not find anything from you in the archives (both for emphire and your real name).  Are you using the same address as you subscribed from?

I've been sending emails to the list under my name (Jonathan Wiersma).  I believe I am using the same email address I subscribed from (archaur at jonw dot org).

Allan wrote:

In general, you email a TU that you have had some dealing with and ask.  If they approve of your packaging skills then they may sponsor you.  It just happens that a bunch of people from the Arch Brazil community have applied lately and so it seems like they all know each other.

That would explain it.  If I find my emails are making it to the list, I'll keep posting and see if I can build a rapport with one of the TUs.

#4 2008-10-08 08:45:57

Allan
Pacman
Website

emphire wrote:

I've been sending emails to the list under my name (Jonathan Wiersma).  I believe I am using the same email address I subscribed from (archaur at jonw dot org).

I can not find any emails from you in the archives.  It does not look like your messages are getting through.

#5 2008-10-09 01:34:07

emphire

Strange.  I'll have to look into it.  I'll try registering a different email address on a different mail server.  Thanks Allan.

Board footer