You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-09 16:24:34

VirtualRider

Xorg, twinview fullscreen applications

Hi,

after the upgrade to the new Xorg i had to create a new Xorg.conf. I configured my two monitors with nvidia-settings. Everything is working fine, except fullscreen applications (like games - UrbanTerror or zsnes for example). Those will be displayed centered on both screens (one half on the left and one half on the right monitor). The problem occurred to some people in this forum but no one has posted a solution to this. Is this really such a big problem?

Fullscreen videos played by totem are shown correct on one of the monitors.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this?

Thanks
VR

#2 2008-12-09 17:17:04

ichbinesderelch

Re: Xorg, twinview fullscreen applications

i have the same problem with games and twinview, solution for me was starting the games in another x server using qgamex(is in aur), works fine so far.

#3 2008-12-10 08:45:47

INCSlayer
Website

i use a workaround by using a custom launch script with xrandr to change the resolution to what is max for the main monitor which shuts the other one of like this:
xrandr -s 4
game im playing
xrandr -s 0

the first line in changes the resolution to 1280x1024 (this is for my conf you might need another number)
then it starts the game and then when you quit the game it does the other xrandr which is the maximum resolution for my screens

dovie andi se tovya sagain

#4 2008-12-10 11:13:09

VirtualRider

I want to use the 2nd Monitor during playing to display web-pages or see pidgin conversations - i guess this isnt possible with your workarounds?

Is this an issue of the new xorg or is it just my config? I can't believe that i wont be able to use both screens in fullscreen anymore, because it worked like a charm before.

#5 2008-12-10 12:34:40

ichbinesderelch

i had that issue with the old xorg and the new one, only small workaround was starting games windowed and maximizing them with the resolution of my main monitor, that worked for a few games, but not all though, mainly for wow.

#6 2009-10-16 12:41:08

VirtualRider

The bug still seems to exist. I just wanted to inform you, that i found another workaround:

I tested XFCE and found the "fullscreen window option" in the context menu of the top-window-bars (Shortcut Alt+F11). It sets the selected window to an undecorated-fullscreen-window and that's the most comfortable workaround to me that i've found. Other window managers should support this kind of undecorated-fullscreen too.

Not that much magic but i only found it by accident - weird.

Board footer