You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-24 16:21:16

bt

usb audio not working after upgrade to 2.26.28.1-1 [SOLVED]

My usb headset is no longer recognized after the upgrade to 2.26.28.1-1. I have an audiophile 2496 that work perfectly.
dmesg shows the headset as Logitech USB heaset on usb-0000:00:10.1-2/input3, and the correct drivers are loaded: snd_usb_audio and snd_usb_lib. None of the alsa tools show the headset and skype no longer lists it. (I use it exclusively for skype).

EDIT -- For reasons I do not clearly understand, upon rebooting( the third time),  the system now recognizes the usb headset.

EDIT -- I spoke too soon. If I boot the computer in the normal way, the usb headset is not available. If I load the FAUNOS live cd and open skype, and then close FAUNOS and boot normally the usb headset shows appears magically. Since FAUN is a live cd, it should have no effect on the installed system, or at least, that's what I was told.

I have no idea what's happening. I post this in case someone else is having the same problem. It may not be the upgrade to 2.6.28.1-1, but udev or alsa. If anyone can enlighten me, I would be most grateful.

EDIT -- Solved, I think...It appears to have been an ALSA problem. I did two things: First I went in /etc/modprobe.conf and added:
snd-pcsp index=2. Then I decided to remove pcsp altogether and added to the MODULES section of /etc/rc.conf: !snd_pcsp. The addition to modprobe.conf became inoperative, so I guess that ALSA was complaining that snd-pcsp interferred with snd_usb_audio. It appears to be working correctly now.

Last edited by bt (2009-01-25 17:18:03)

Board footer