You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-26 19:35:16

lswest
Website

Strange Skype Static Font Behaviour

Well, I've been wracking my mind about this for the past 2 days, and come up blank.  I decided I'd ask here then.

My problem is this:

Skype (static build, installed using a slightly pieced together PKGBUILD) on an arch64 install is completely ugly font-wise when started from GUI (read: double-clicking the launcher in Nautilus, running it from cairo-dock, or from gmrun or gnome-do) it all results in what you can see on the right of the screenshot I have included.  I tried searching for info, but since I'm really not sure where the problem lies I was unable to find anything, forgive me if this was covered already in another thread).

If, however, I run the same launcher (symbolic link in /usr/bin to a script that just cd's to the opt directory where Skype is and executes the launcher) from a terminal, you see the nicely rendered DejaVu Serif 9px font that I want skype to be using.  I can go with the assumption that qtconfig has configued my qt4 toolkit fine, as it renders fine from terminal, I'm assuming it's merely one setting in the GUI that's wrong, but I have no idea where to start.  Anyone got any suggestions?

P.S. I use the skype static build because the bin32-skype doesn't display avatars for me, in case anyone's curious.
thumb_arch.png

*EDIT* Solved by moving skype.conf to /etc/dbus-1/system.d/skype.conf

Last edited by lswest (2009-01-29 17:27:34)

Lswest <- the first letter of my username is a lowercase "L".
"...the Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it." - Linus Torvalds

Board footer