You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-22 06:41:11

thom_raindog

[Solved] Can't install cairo-dock

Howdie,

I am trying to get cairo-dock through AUR but fail. I read the wiki on AUR and I am pretty sure I do all the things right.
Cairo-dock depends on cairo-wglitz so I tried to install that first. makepkg works fine, but when I try to install the tar using pacman I get:

error: replacing packages with -U is not supported yet
error: you can replace packages manually using -Rd and -U
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: cairo-wglitz: conflicts with cairo

Appearantly cairo blocks cairo-wglitz. The Aur-page for cairo-wglitz does indeed mention to remove cairo.

pacman -R cairo

does however show that both pango and poppler depend on cairo and those two have other things depending on them.
I don't want to go through this cascade of dependencies and remove half my system in the process (or more likely everything depending on gtk up to and including OO3)..
Is that what I am required to do however, or is there a way to do this "right" that I havent found yet?

BTW: Just for the heck of it I tried yaourt, which is a great tool by the way, but it hits the same brick wall...

Last edited by thom_raindog (2009-03-22 08:26:36)

#2 2009-03-22 07:55:01

u_no_hu

Re: [Solved] Can't install cairo-dock

Read.

error: replacing packages with -U is not supported yet
error: you can replace packages manually using -Rd and -U

So pacman -Rd and then pacman -U

Don't be a HELP VAMPIRE. Please search before you ask.

Subscribe to The Arch Daily News.

#3 2009-03-22 08:26:19

thom_raindog

Hmm.. that was simple... I suppose I need to have more faith in the programmers wink
Thank you.

#4 2009-03-22 08:26:34

Ranguvar

cairo-dock needs a version of Cairo built with Glitz. So, it needs the cairo-wglitz package from the AUR. You already have the normal Cairo, so you need to replace it with the new Cairo that has Glitz. You can use pacman -Rd to remove the Cairo you have now, and then install cairo-wglitz. Since the latter provides Cairo (look in the PKGBUILD), you're good.

Board footer