You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-08 06:05:52

waldek_a

KDE 4.2.2 no ALtGr key

Hi,
I found rather strange problem after installing KDE 4.2.2 from scratch or creating a new user under 4.2.2 - I have German keyboard and the "Alt Gr" key stopped working in Konsole, Yakuake and gtk2 apps. It works fine in all other native KDE apps I checked.
It is even more strange how it manifests itself - one needs either fresh KDE 4.2.2 install (new Arch install with KDE 4.2.2) or a new users created after KDE 4.2.2 was installed. If one upgrades 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 the problem does not appear, downgrade to 4.2.1 solves it.

Could somebody test the following scenario:
- create a new user and log in to KDE, check if Alt GR is working in Konsole, Yakuake, Firefox, Gimp,
- alternatively one could remove .kde4 but it will wipe out all your settings, so do not do it if it is your main account.

I can reproduce it on Arch32 and Arch64, I found it because I made a fresh Arch64 install to a new partition.

Cheers

waldek

#2 2009-04-09 16:11:37

waldek_a

Re: KDE 4.2.2 no ALtGr key

it seems that if the US keyboard is on the second position, and a keyboard like DE, PL, UK, PT is on the first one, one cannot type @€| etc. in Konsole, Yakuake etc. It is enough to change the sequence of keyboards to have US not on the second position and it works fine.

doesn't work:
setxkbmap -model logidinovo -layout de,us,pl -variant ,,

works fine:
setxkbmap -model logidinovo -layout de,pl,us -variant ,,

thanks for help!

#3 2009-08-02 16:38:34

Demon

Re: KDE 4.2.2 no ALtGr key

Finally! Someone with the same problem. I'm having this problem, also, but I'm unable to solve it the way you've described. I'm using Serbian keyboard layouts, though.

This problem is quite annoying, and it hasn't been fixed in KDE 4.3!

Help anyone!

Board footer